Bluecoat Press Limited will not share any data with anyone else unless it’s explicitly been communicated with the customer/registrant at the time of collecting data and they have expressly consented to their data being used for a specific purpose. Bluecoat Press Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy together with any other documents referred to sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Bluecoat Press Limited, Crowmeole Barn Crowmeole Lane Shrewsbury Shropshire England SY3 8AY.
As a data controller we have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZB338320.
The Websites referenced in the below policy means https://www.bluecoatpress.co.uk and such other websites and landing pages operated by BlueCoat Press Ltd. (we, us).
1. What personal information do we collect from you?
- What is personal information? Personal information is any information that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data.
Your personal information is collected when you register or fill in a form on a Website, contact Bluecoat Press Limited, or complete a form in any of our publications or services which may relate, for example, to offers and promotions and personal information you provide in online surveys and forums on a voluntary basis. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to newsletters or place an order. The information you give us may include your name, address, email, phone number and payment details.
- Personal information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information.
- Bluecoat Press Limited will from time to time collect information from you for the purpose of creating de-personalised data that does not reveal your identity. Bluecoat Press Limited uses this information to improve our products and occasionally for analysing the customers that use our products. This information is only used in de-personalised form and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information.
2. How is your information processed, stored and kept secure?
- Your personal information may be processed both in and outside the UK. When you submit your details in whichever country you are situated you agree to the information being processed in the UK.
- We may also process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area, which is all EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Bluecoat Press Limited shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- The Websites and our servers, wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
3. How do we use your personal information?
Bluecoat Press Limited processes personal information for the following purposes:
- providing you with goods and/or services that you have requested and communicating with you about those products and services;
- monitoring, developing and improving the Websites, our services and your experience;
- providing a personalised service;
- conducting market research surveys;
- market research;
- providing you with information about Bluecoat Press Limited, or our business partners’ products and services where you have provided your consent. You will always be able to opt-out or unsubscribe from these messages;
- send out email alerts you have agreed and consented to receive. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these messages;
- processing and dealing with any complaints or enquiries made by you or legally on your behalf;
- we may also be required to disclose your personal information to authorities who can request this information by law that is binding on Bluecoat Press Limited, for instance for the prevention and detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders and the assessment or collection of taxes; and
- other purposes related to any of the above.
4. Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
- Bluecoat Press Limited will not share any data with anyone else unless it’s explicitly been communicated with the customer/registrant at the time of collecting data.
- In the rare event where the sharing of data is applicable, we may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to partners of Bluecoat Press Limited who supply services to you on behalf of Bluecoat Press Limited and who need to process personal information in the provision of such services. When you request goods and services from Bluecoat Press Limited, you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to Bluecoat Press Limited’s partners who may provide such goods and services under contract and guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficiently robust processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information whilst it is in their care.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Websites in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice;
- where we have to defend ourselves legally;
- in complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information; and
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Bluecoat Press Limited or users of our services.
- Other than this, Bluecoat Press Limited will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
5. Are there any age restrictions on supplying personal information to us?
If you are aged  or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. If we become aware that you are under  and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the Websites without your parent/guardian’s permission, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
6. How long will we keep your personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is in our opinion reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law.
7. Changing your mind about receiving marketing messages.
Bluecoat Press Limited Cookies
- “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers to your browser to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are common and won’t do anything to harm your system – they simply store or gather information. They help you to get the most out of your visit to our Websites.
- We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration as part of our audit trail process. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can adjust your browser’s setting to prevent it from accepting cookies on your computer – go to www.allaboutcookies.org for instructions on how to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Websites if you do so.
- Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they can be used to store information which may identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- Our Websites use two main types of cookies:
- Per-session cookies. We only use these whilst you are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave. They remember you as you move between pages, for example recording the items you add to an online shopping basket. They also help maintain security.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted. We set automatic deletion dates so that we don’t keep your information for longer than we need to.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites and fulfil any of your requests;
- Gain insight into the nature of our audience so we can tailor our content accordingly;
- Ensure your privacy when you visit our secure sites;
- Store login details for our secure sites;
- Store details of your marketing preferences to improve and enhance your visit to our sites;
- Evaluate our sites’ advertising and promotional effectiveness – all information is anonymised and we don’t share it with anyone;
- Remember settings you have applied to a Website such as layout, font size, preferences, colours etc;
- Detect if a service has already been offered to you so that we don’t ask you again.
|Analytics cookies (__utm, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, _ga, _gid, _gat)
||Bluecoat Press Limited Websites
||Bluecoat Press Limited uses Google Analytics, which sets a first-party cookie in order to anonymously identify when users return to specific websites. Google uses the information sent with this cookie to store a history of website pages visited in a user’s session. This data will not be used to associate any part of your identity, anonymous or not, with any other data held by Google. Further information about how to opt-out of this cookie can be found at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/
||facebook.com and other domains used by the Meta family of companies, including the instagram.com domains
||Bluecoat Press Limited uses Meta technologies such as the Facebook Pixel to show you interest-based marketing content from our brands and selected advertisers if you have viewed a Bluecoat Press Limited website. Data collected by the Facebook Pixel may also be anonymised and used in aggregate to help improve the quality and effectiveness of our websites and marketing efforts. You can find out more about Facebook Advertising and manage your Facebook Advertising settings or opt-out of Facebook interest-based advertising at https://www.facebook.com/ads/about/
||twitter.com and other domains used by the Twitter family of companies
||Bluecoat Press Limited uses Twitter technologies such as the Twitter Pixel to show you interest-based marketing content from our brands and selected advertisers if you have viewed a Bluecoat Press Limited website. Data collected by the Twitter Pixel may also be anonymised and used in aggregate to help improve the quality and effectiveness of our websites and marketing efforts.
9. Social Media
- Social networking sites, such as Facebook, among others, work with us as trusted third party partners. We also work with application developers who specialise in social media, so that we can connect with your social networks. We provide access to our Websites for third parties and business partners so that we can generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product and service interests with friends in your network.
- We do not control how your personal information is collected, stored or used by such third party sites or to whom it is disclosed. You should review the privacy policies and settings on any social networking site that you subscribe to so that you understand the information they may be sharing. If you do not want your networking sites to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. Bluecoat Press Limited is not responsible for how these third party sites may use information collected from or about you.
10. Other websites
- Bluecoat Press Limited accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites. Bluecoat Press Limited advises you to carefully read third party privacy statements prior to the use of any third party website.
11. Access to personal information and keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
- You are entitled to see the information we hold about you. If you wish to access the personal information held by us, you should contact us in writing using the information provided below.
- If we are legally able, we will provide you with copies of all the personal information we hold about you. We are also obliged to request that you provide us with identification so that we can be certain that you are entitled to receive the requested data.
- Please help us to keep our records of your personal information up-to-date by notifying us of any changes or corrections to the personal information we hold about you.
12. How to contact us